Saturday 8 January 2011

Let's try this again...

Ok, ok, I got all excitable about my third post that I never made it back for a fourth. I'm sorry!!
Time to start again. It's a new year, so this blog is getting dusted off and is going to be used and abused to full capacity.

Talking of it being a New Year, I think that it is time that I made myself some New Year's resolutions. I know that it is now the 8th January, but i'm late for everything, I pretty sure i'll be late for my own funeral. So I beg your forgiveness.

So........

2011 New Year's Resolutions

  1. Write in this blog more frequently - Now, I can't necessarily promise daily blogs, I am far too behind on my dissertation to promise that level of commitment, but I do intend on doing a plural number of posts a week (i.e. more than 1) and you never know, if I get really into it you might get more out of me. 
  2. Take more pictures - This goes hand-in-hand with my new blogging hobby. Blogs need pictures, life needs pictures, I need more pictures in my blog and life. I need to sort this out. Pronto. 
  3. Graduate - Yep, it has finally hit me, i'm graduating this year. How the heck did this happen!? I don't really know. I don't feel old enough and I definitely do not feel ready. I, of course, will be graduating come July, however, I want to graduate with a grade that I am proud of. This doesn't necessarily mean a first (although that would be nice), but I do want to obtain that proves that I tried my absolute best. 
  4. Run a half-marathon - This is a pretty big one for me. I definitely am not naturally athletic. But my Dad has always run a few full marathons and i've always said that i'll get around to doing it some day. Though I don't think I have the time this year for a full marathon commitment, I hope to have completed a half marathon come October. 
  5. Be a better friend - Right, this is your typical resolution, but a goody nonetheless. I simply want to be a better friend. I can get so wrapped up in uni work that i'm not always so swift with replying to facebook messages or sending text replies. This is an easy thing to improve. I also need to make more time for my friends. It is easy to make accuses, but I truly believe that if you want to do something enough you'll make time for it. I want my friendships enough, I WILL make time for them. 
Well, there you go. There are my New Year's Resolutions for 2011. This year is going to be a big year for me. This is the year of graduation and this is the year that all my yet-made life plans come to an end. I always knew that I would go to school and university, but what next??

That, my friends is a BIG question and one that I have been constantly worrying about. But that is something for another blog post. 

-B 
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment